- University of Iowa, B.G.S.
- University of Iowa, J.D. with distinction, 1986
- Deans List, 1982-84
- Iowa Law Review, Associate Editor, 1985-86
- Iowa Public Justice Award, 1998, awarded by Iowa Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
- Asa-Brandt, Inc. v.
ADM Investor Services, Inc., 138 F.Supp.2d 1144, Comm. Fut. L. Rep. P 28,530 (N.D.Iowa 2001)
affirmed in part, reversed in part by Asa-Brandt, Inc. v.
ADM Investor Services, Inc., 344 F.3d 738, RICO Bus.Disp.Guide 10,541, 62 Fed. R. Evid. Serv. 422, Comm. Fut. L.
Rep. P 29,577 (8th Cir. 2003)
- Farmers Co-op. Elevator of Buffalo Center, Iowa v. Abels,
950 F.Supp. 931 (N.D.Iowa Dec 04, 1996)
- Farmers Co-op. Elevator, Woden, Iowa v. Doden,946 F.Supp. 718, Comm. Fut. L. Rep. P 26,950 (N.D.Iowa Oct 29, 1996)
- Iowa Telephone Ass'n v. City of Hawarden,
589 N.W.2d 245 (Iowa Feb 17, 1999) (NO. 97-83) (amicus curiae brief on behalf of
Algona Municipal Utilities)
- Quamme v. Advance Trading, Inc., Not Reported in N.W.2d,2001 WL 540056(Iowa App. May 23, 2001) (NO. 99-0874)
Professional Associations & Memberships
Pro Bono Activities
- Iowa Association for Justice, f/k/a Iowa Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association (Member: Communications Law Forum; Sections on
Litigation, Administrative Law, Regulatory Practice, Family Law)
- Iowa State Bar Association (Member, Litigation Section; Chair, YLD Summer Seminar, 1992-93; Co-Chair, YLD Summer Seminar, 1994-95; Member, Family Law Section)
- Kossuth County Bar Association (President, 2007- 2008)
- Iowa Municipal Attorneys Association (Member)
Life outside of the courtroom
- Iowa Legal Aid, President (2003-05)
- Haggard-Twogood Charitable Trust (2006- )
- Sullivan Building Foundation (1994- )
In addition to spending time with
his wife, Sandy, and their two children, Scott enjoys music,
theater, and landscaping. He is an avid pilot and devotes
significant time to civic causes including the Sullivan
Building Foundation and the Haggard-Twogood Charitable
Trust. Scott and Sandy are deeply committed to the
cultivation of Algona’s cultural environment and are often
involved in the production of local arts events including
numerous gallery exhibits and past productions by The
Guthrie Theater, StageWest, Cantus and Chanticleer.